Cardboard Tube Haunted House
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
You can make a cool little haunted house from the cardboard tube centers from your toilet paper and paper towel rolls. Cut out little windows and doors and paint it how you please. You can display this as is or add little LEDs to light it up.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 haunted house
- cardboard tubes
- X-Acto knife
- acrylic paint (yellow, black, brown)
- hot glue gun with glue
- cotton balls (optional)
- Place 2 toilet paper tubes on either side of a paper towel tube. Trim down the paper towel tube a bit.
- Cut out 2 triangles from the sides at the top of the long middle tube.
- Pull off the triangle cuts so you have a pyramid shaped top.
- Using the X-Acto knife, cut out little doors and windows from the cardboard tubes.
- You can leave the swinging doors on some of the cuts for a cool effect.
- Paint the insides of the tubes yellow where there are exposed windows.
- Paint the exterior of the tubes black. Paint any swinging doors brown. Let dry.
- To make the middle roof, cut out a rectangle of cardboard then fold in half.
- Cut out 2 squares for the side roofing. Paint all 3 roof pieces brown. Let dry.
- Hot glue the 3 tubes together, side by side, the tall one in the middle.
- Add thin lines of hot glue to the tops of the tubes and press the roof pieces on.
- Hold in place for 15 seconds each.
- Use as decor inside with LED lights, or outdoors. Pull apart some cotton to drape over it and place inside for a spiderweb effect. I like mine out near ivy and roughage!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.