Easy Pumpkin Decorating
I started this project because I volunteer at a senior center. I do arts & crafts with them there and have great fun. I am very limited in what they can use such as, hot glue, sharp scissors, or certain types of paints and most of all, carving! So this is what I came up with. This is also great for young children. The really fun thing about this project is that it is reversible.
Editor's Note: We are reposting this craft to advise you, at the creator's request that this is a reversible (two sided) decorative pumpkin. It has a friendly pumpkin face for the month of October and then a scary decorated face for the week of "Halloween." Look closely and you can see hints from the other side! Enjoy!
- craft attire at Michael's or any craft store
- medium size or small real or artificial pumpkins
- 1 10x 10 sheet of black glittered felt that has the peel off sticky back = each ($1.50)
- 1 orange sheet of glitter felt, same as the black
- 1 package of black pipe cleaners ($1.00)
- 1 package of big google eyes = qty. 12 ($3.00)
- 1 package of black thick rope of fur ($3.00)
- piece of card stock paper to draw your designs, mouths, noses, eyebrows, and ears
In my case I drew the designs. Young children would need help to trace and cut out all the pieces that are needed. Then just lay out the pieces and they can pick out what they want and decorate their pumpkins.
- Steps can be any way they want to decorate their pumpkin.
- This project is actually especially fun as the pumpkin is reversible. Notice in this photo that you can see the pipe cleaner decorations above the face on this side.
- Turn the pumpkin to decorate the opposite side. You can just see the felt hair near the stem from the opposite face.
- The only pieces that need a glue stick will be, the eyes and the pieces of fur. The fur can be cut into small pieces for the eyebrows or a head of hair or a mustache. It is all up to the imagination! Fun, fun project!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.