This was a labor of love, but I am happy with how it came out. With some yarn, hot glue, and a faux pumpkin you too can make one like this. I saw these on Pinterest, but I make mine crochet rather than with single strands of yarn.
Total Time: 4 hours
1 faux pumpkin ($1.00)
3 oz orange, lavender, and variegated yarn
1 oz brown yarn
1 oz burnt orange yarn
1 darning needle
1 Square ft scrap foil
1 hot glue gun
size N hook
touch of brown paint
With the three color of yarns together, hook onto a size N hook. Chain to your heart's content. There is not a way to really measure the yarn you need so I just make a ball.
When you think you have enough, heat up the glue gun. It's always a good idea to begin at the start of your chain. This way, if you have to add or take away your chain is on the working end and is either to add to or unravel. Start at the top of the pumpkin and make a circle. Keep going around and around. Keep the glue close to the last row and your pumpkin won't show through.
Keep going up and over. When the pumpkin is a bit flatter, you will need to glue as you go. When you get to the "humps" you only need to glue at those places where the pumpkin is the fattest. Keep going down to the bottom and stop just after you get there. You don't want the pumpkin to show, but you don't want to make it so it's hard to sit level. Crochet a burnt pumpkin chain so you can accent the spaces between the humps. I folded mine in the middle so I can know where to start on the top and not run out of chain before you need to. Cross it on the bottom and keep going from the bottom to the top.
For the leaves, I used a bit of green. Chain 8, make a single in the next chain, a half double in the next, two doubles in the next, a half double in the next and a single in the last. Do this 4 more times, and then tie the tails together and tie in the tails. Glue to the top of the pumpkin.
For the stem I used a piece of foil shaped like a pumpkin stem. I chained some brown yarn and began gluing it around. When I got to the top, I left the tail just long enough to work into the chains below. I found some of the foil showed through, so I dabbed it with a bit of brown paint. Then I hot glued it onto the top and it was done. N-JOY!!