Making Rice Krispy Pumpkins
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 27, 2012
Read More Comments
If you like rice krispy treats, then you will love these adorable and yummy pumpkins!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 pumpkins
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 mini Tootsie Rolls
- green icing color
- white Wilton's decorator icing
- piping tip #67 (leaf tip)
- piping tip #3
- piping bag and coupler
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Then add food coloring; stirring well.
- Add rice krispy cereal and mix until well coated.
- Coat hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Scoop out about 1/2 c. of the mixture, roll it in your hands to create a pumpkin shape.
- Set the pumpkins on a piece of wax paper to cool and firm up. In the meantime, cut the Tootsie Rolls in half.
- Once the pumpkins have firmed up, carefully press a Tootsie Roll half into the top of each one to create a stem.
- Color the decorator icing to the desired shade of green.
- Using piping tip #67, pipe a leaf on either side of the stem.
- Switch to tip #3 and pipe a tendril coming off of the stem.
This video show you how to make your rice krispy treats into adorable pumpkins.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.