Making a Haunted Tree Decoration
This is a simple Halloween decoration made with cardboard and paint, that will cost almost nothing to create. Stick it up onto a tree in your yard for all the trick or treaters to see.
- big piece of cardboard
- utility knife
- brown and black paints
I saw a decoration like this being sold online and I thought to myself, "I can make that!" Since we recently moved we still have a backlog of cardboard boxes that we haven't been able to recycle yet. I used one of the big boxes to cut the pieces out of. It was super easy to make and I think it turned out pretty good.
- Figure out which tree in your yard you would like to use. Decide how big the face should be and use that measurement to draw out the face.
- Draw the outline of the tree monster's head and arms on to a piece of cardboard.
- Paint the eyes and mouth black. Paint some long brown lines to look like tree bark onto the face and arms.
- Use the utility knife to cut out the monster.
- Nail the face and arms in place. Note: galvanized or stainless steel nails or screws are less likely to harm the tree.
- If you want to make this even more creepy, you could light this from the back.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.