Making a Hot Glue Spiderweb Jar
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 24, 2019
We have a lot of glass jars saved up. With a little hot glue and a dab of paint, they can be transformed into cute spiderweb decorations. You can fill them with candy, drop LED lights inside, or display as is.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 jar
- 1 glass jar
- hot glue gun with glue
- black acrylic paint
- X-Acto knife
- To make your spiderweb, using your hot glue gun, draw a big asterisk on your jar.
- Starting from the center, draw little U's between the lines going around in a circle.
- Now make a second circle of bigger U's further out.
- And a third circle of U's further out.
- To make your spider body, fill in a circle of hot glue somewhere on your spiderweb. Add a smaller circle of hot glue right above it for its head.
- Draw on 8 little legs with the glue, then paint the spider black. Let dry.
- With your X-Acto knife, go around the spider and slice off any excess glue to make it look neater. I like leaving the web a bit stringy with the hot glue as it looks more real!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.