Making a Spooky Double Pumpkin Eyeball
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 28, 2019
You can make this creepy eyeball using a small white pumpkin inside of a bigger warty pumpkin. I used a simple pumpkin carving kit and some acrylic paints. This is a great Halloween craft for all!!
When choosing your pumpkins, make sure your white one is smaller than the orange one. I used a cheap red lipliner to draw in the eyeball veins because it slides on smoothly on the pumpkin surface, but stays on nicely.
Total Time: 70 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 1 eyeball
- 1 medium warty orange pumpkin
- pumpkin carving knife
- pumpkin scraper
- 1 small white pumpkin
- measure tape
- acrylic paints (blue, teal, gold, black, white)
- tea towel or paper towels
- cheap red lipliner
- Draw a circle on top of the orange pumpkin that's a bit bigger than your small white pumpkin.
- Cut out the circle at a bit of an angle.
- Remove this pumpkin lid and set aside.
- Begin cutting out the flesh of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh and place in a bowl. Reserve for another use.
- Place the white pumpkin inside, on its side, to make sure it fits. Remove.
- Measure the little pumpkin while it's on its side, then mark that width on the front of the big pumpkin.
- Draw a large eye shape on the pumpkin, using the endpoints you just drew as the corners of the eye. Make sure this eye outline is not bigger than the little white pumpkin.
- Cut out the eye.
- Trim out some of the flesh around the eye opening.
- Place the little pumpkin back inside on its side with the smooth rounded side facing the eye opening. Draw a circle around the middle. This will be the pupil to the eyeball. Make sure it's almost touching the top and bottom of the eye.
- Remove the little pumpkin. Paint the circle you just drew blue. This is your eye's iris.
- Add some lines of light blue from the center going outward, then do the same with some gold paint.
- Now draw a smaller black circle in the middle. This is the pupil. Let dry completely.
- Place the little pumpkin back inside and press flush up against the eye opening.
- Place a tea towel or some crumpled paper towels behind the little pumpkin so it stays in place. Put the lid back on.
- Draw some red veins in the corners of the eyeball using the red lipliner.
- I decided I wanted some reflection on the eye so I painted on 2 little white dots using the back of my paintbrush.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.