Making a Stacked Pumpkin Tree
I found these neat paper mache pumpkins and wanted to use them on my fireplace mantel. I decided to make them into a stacking "tree".
- paper mache pumpkins
- paint brushes
- clear coat
- knife or small saw
- glue, optional
- Select 3 pumpkins that are small, medium, and large.
- Cut the stems off of the large and medium sized pumpkins. I suggest cutting less off at first, then removing small amounts until they stack well.
- Test stack the pumpkins.
- Paint each pumpkin. Apply multiple layers of paint, then allow them to dry overnight.
- Clear coat each pumpkin. I recommend applying more than one coat. Follow label instructions.
- Stack the pumpkins and enjoy! Note: You can glue them together if you want. I chose not to, so that storing them until next year is easier.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.