Save this simple recipe for the Halloween celebration. You can make it more appealing by adding some more details. Here's how you can basically make it on your own.
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup custard (filling)
- vegetable oil (for greasing)
- To make the custard: separate egg yolk from the white. Mix the yolk with 1/4 cup condensed milk and cook over low heat until sticky. Chill.
- To make the eyeballs: combine sugar and glutinous rice flour.
- Pour water and a tablespoon of oil over dry ingredients and stir until mixture is evenly combined.
- Steam batter for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir with a fork for 5 minutes.
- Grease a teaspoon and a plate including your clean hands to avoid mixture from sticking.
- Use teaspoon to scoop the steamed mixture.
- Form into balls and flatten in a greased plate.
- Put custard into the center. Pull the edges together to seal and form into a ball.
- I have a cooked mung bean which I placed into the center top of each ball so it looks like a weird eyeball.
- Serve and press the eyeballs to squeeze out the custard.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.