Googly Eye Mirror
This eye-popping mirror is the perfect Halloween decoration for your home!
Total Time: 3 hours
- wooden mirror (mine is from Ikea)
- googly eyes, varying sizes
- green acrylic paint
- wooden letters (E, E, and K)
- black acrylic paint
- glittery black paint
- clear school glue
- paint brushes
- hot glue gun
- masking tape, optional
- Tape off the mirror with masking tape. Paint the mirror green and allow to dry; apply a second coat if necessary. Once dry, remove the tape. If there is any paint on the glass, it can easily be removed with a razor blade.
- Using a paint brush, brush a small section of the wood with school glue. Apply googly eyes, then brush on more glue and repeat. For the best look, vary the sizes that you use. A few sets of large eyes will really stand out!
- Once the glue is dry, carefully turn the mirror over and lay the ribbon underneath it with the ends wrapping around to the back. Secure the ends with hot glue.
- Create a bow if you would like. The one I made was done by looping the ribbon back and forth twice, then gluing the layers in the center. I then wrapped a small piece around the middle and glued it in place in the back.
- Turn the mirror back over and glue the bow into place with hot glue. I recommend tacking the long piece of ribbon to the mirror with a little hot glue underneath where the bow will be. This will prevent sagging. Add a googly eye to the middle of the bow if you want.
- Paint your wooden letters with black paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Then apply a layer of glitter black paint. Allow to dry.
- Glue the wooden letters onto your mirror where ever you like. Hang it up and enjoy!
This project could easily be done with a picture frame too. :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.