Making a Puppy Halloween Costume for a Baby
This is a cute and comfortable Halloween costume for a baby. It is a baby girl puppy and to make it extra girly, there is an optional tulle skirt and the ears are a headband.
You can opt to make this without the ears for a baby boy, or apply the same concept to make a cow (with different spot shapes if you wanted).
This is a very simple and easy Halloween costume project for which you may already have all the materials (onesie, you can even use a stained one and cover the stains with felt spots, tulle, and tacky glue).
Total Time: 1-2 hours
- tacky glue
- You will need a onesie of your choice. This is the perfect time to use any onesie that may have some stains that can be covered with the dog spots you're about to make.
- Freehand and cut some black spots from felt to resemble a dog's spots. Repeat and cut until you have enough to cover the onesie. Also cut some extras for the tail and headband.
- Using tacky glue, glue down the spots on your onesie.
- For the ears, I freehanded the ears and glued on the spots. Then, I lightly sewed the ears on to the headband. They can easily be removed after Halloween.
- For the tail you want to cut a sharp skinny triangle and fold it into a narrow cone shape, then glue the seams and spots. Attach to the onesie by sewing it on the back, if child can walk, or glue if you will be holding your child.
- Here is how to make an optional tulle skirt. Using elastic, measure your child's stomach. Then sew the elastic together. Cut the same length strips of tulle (depending on how long or short you want your skirt to be) and apply the same concept used for the fabric garland: https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fabric-Garland.html. You will knot each piece of tulle on the elastic until you are finished.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.