Making a Unicorn Halloween Costume
Make this cute and inexpensive unicorn Halloween costume for less than $5. This costume could double as a birthday outfit, to wear to attend any unicorn themed parties, or as your kid's dress up/play pretend outfit.
Material's I used cost me less than $5 to make this entire costume.
- I bought 1/2 yards of each color tulle for less than $4 at my fabric shop. (+ I had extra tulle left)
- I already had elastic at home
- The unicorn headband was bought last year from 90% Halloween sale at Target
Similar unicorn headbands available:
$2: Unicorn Headband: https://www.target.com/p/unicorn-headband-spritz-153/-/A-51144036
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 unicorn outfit
- assorted color tulle
- unicorn headband
- Cut tulle into your desired size. I cut each of my tulle pieces 1.5 ft long x 7-8 inches wide, double for each color (1 for the unicorn headband and the other 1 for the unicorn tail.) Note: Measurement width varies depending on your toddler's age and how poofy you would like the headband/tail to be.
- For the unicorn headband - gather tulle and secure with white rubber band.
- Using another white rubber band, secure tied tulle to base of unicorn horn.
- For unicorn tail - measure elastic to your child's pants or child's waist (cut elastic a little longer for extra room in case of any adjustments needed.) Each fabric scrunches together, create loop and knot to elastic (as pictured).
- Each fabric piece scrunches together, create loop and knot to elastic (as pictured).
- Repeat same steps for the rest of the colors. I used purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Feel free to use any color combination you would like (i.e. pastel colors, glittery tulle, etc.)
- Make any adjustments if needed then knot elastic.
- Your toddler can wear this elastic unicorn tail over a dress, shorts, jeans, or pants. Add the headband to complete the unicorn costume.
Make a cute headband with a unicorn horn and ears. Perfect for a party or Halloween costume. This page has instructions for making a DIY unicorn headband.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.