Making Halloween Lamps
Using recycled cardboard, a piece of acrylic sheathing and Christmas lights I had on hand, I made a few Halloween lamps for the holiday.
Approximate Time: 1-2 hours
- acrylic or plexiglass
- duck tape
- Christmas lights*
- acrylic paint
- cutting tools
- paint brushes
- Make a 6x6 inch box from recycled cardboard.
- Cut the acrylic or plexiglass sheet to fit this box.
- Paint pumpkin and or skull on copy paper.
- Make a "lightboard": a piece of cardboard that fits inside the box. Make 5/16th inch holes (20) to hold lights.
- Place painted or drawn pumpkin/skull on plastic sheet.
- Cut out the shape of the skull or pumpkin from black cardstock. This will let the light illuminate the artwork.
- Place lights inside, cover with the plastic/artwork and tape this on with black duck tape.
Plug in and enjoy! Don't leave unattended and always turn off if leaving!
By Creativeman from Chatsworth, CA
*Editor's Note: LED Christmas lights will last longer and be less of a fire hazard than traditional incandescent lights.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.