Making Halloween Potato Pumpkins
Halloween is coming. This is a fun recipe/craft to make with some ingredients you've already got laying around the kitchen. They're so cute to look at and a treat to eat! I used potatoes but you can use a mix with sweet potatoes, too, for added colour.
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 mini pumpkins
Source: My crafty mum :)
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk, divided
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp water
- almond slivers
- Peel and dice potatoes. Boil in large pot of water until softened. Drain well and mash.
- Mash them together with the butter, sugar and 1/2 of the egg yolk.
- Divide into 8 balls and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Place them in the refrigerator until they firm up in about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven, that's what I used) to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap. Make little indentations around the sides of each with a spoon handle.
- Brush the remaining 1/2 egg yolk over the mini pumpkins. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Mix cocoa powder with a few drops of hot water and draw some jack-o-lantern features on your pumpkins. I used a toothpick. Press in some tiny almond slivers on the tops to imitate pumpkin stems. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.