Making Rice Krispy Pumpkins
Read More Comments
If you like rice krispy treats, then you will love these adorable and yummy pumpkins!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 pumpkins
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 mini Tootsie Rolls
- green icing color
- white Wilton's decorator icing
- piping tip #67 (leaf tip)
- piping tip #3
- piping bag and coupler
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Then add food coloring; stirring well.
- Add rice krispy cereal and mix until well coated.
- Coat hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Scoop out about 1/2 c. of the mixture, roll it in your hands to create a pumpkin shape.
- Set the pumpkins on a piece of wax paper to cool and firm up. In the meantime, cut the Tootsie Rolls in half.
- Once the pumpkins have firmed up, carefully press a Tootsie Roll half into the top of each one to create a stem.
- Color the decorator icing to the desired shade of green.
- Using piping tip #67, pipe a leaf on either side of the stem.
- Switch to tip #3 and pipe a tendril coming off of the stem.
This video show you how to make your rice krispy treats into adorable pumpkins.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.