How to Make a Cardboard Tube Pumpkin
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 29, 2017
Halloween is on its way! Here is a cute pumpkin craft that will cost next to nothing to make. It uses just a few household items including the cardboard tubes from inside toilet paper rolls. This is a great fall craft for all ages. Enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pumpkin
- 4 toilet paper roll cardboard tubes
- orange and green paints
- paint brush
- Mark 3 of the cardboard tubes with your pencil, spaced at 3/4 inch segments.
- Press down each tube gently and cut at the 3/4 inch markings so you have 18 rings.
- Paint the outsides of the rings orange.
- To give the pumpkin a nice textured look, use two shades of orange on one paintbrush and dab the cardboard tube.
- Paint the insides of the tubes orange and let dry.
- Paint the outside of the 4th tube green, using the same two tone texture technique if desired.
- Paint the inside of the tube and let dry.
- When the orange rings are completely dry, place them on the piece of string.
- Pull rings around in a tight circle, tie the string in a knot, and cut the excess string.
- When the green tube is dry, take one side and make a few cuts 1/3 of the way down the tube on equal sides.
- Press the cuttings down into the center of the tube, then cut the edges so they're nicely rounded off.
- Add a couple dots of glue under the top flap and press down to secure.
- Drop the stem into the middle of the pumpkin ring.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.