Halloween Chex Party Mix
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
September 22, 2020
Here is an easy way to make Chex party mix into a fun Halloween themed treat. This recipe is for a double batch. I mostly stuck to the original Chex recipe but instead of bagel chips, I added Bugles, which remind me of cornucopias. I also added Halloween peanut butter M&Ms. I also tried adding candy corn which looks festive but they are a bit too sweet for me.
Everyone I know, adds a little something extra to their party mix seasoning. My favorite seasoning additions are Tony Chachere's and Tamari. Tamari is a great alternative to Worcestershire sauce if you are trying to make it Chex Mix vegetarian, as Worcestershire sauce has anchovies. I usually add a little extra of everything from the original recipe. For this Halloween mix, I found the Bugles soaked up a bunch of the seasoning, so I adjusted this recipe from the original with this in consideration.
- 6 cups Wheat Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Bugles
- 4 cups pretzels
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 16 oz butter (melted)
- 5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 9.5 oz. bag peanut butter M&Ms
- candy corn or candy corn pumpkins (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (Chex, pretzels, Bugles, nuts).
- Melt butter then mix in the seasonings.
- Place the mixed ingredients into 2 roasting pans or sheet pans
- Drizzle the seasoning over the Chex and mix until well incorporated.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Once done let the mix cool, once cool, add the candy.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.