Jack O' Lantern Candy Dish
October 1, 2020
I found this wonderful little glass dish at my local thrift store for .50. With some candy, ribbon, and paint, it was a fun project!!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Source: seen on line
- 1 glass pumpkin shaped candy dish
- 3 ft ribbon
- hot glue gun
- 1/2 oz black paint
- 1 brush
- 5 bags of candy corn
- 1 faux apple, ball of yarn, etc. for filler
- 1 mini foam pumpkin
- If this is for decoration only, hot glue the filler to the inside of the jar. If it's actually for candy, you can eliminate this part and "do not put the little pumpkin on top". It will not hold when you use it as a handle.
- I was not very good at painting the teeth, eyes, and nose of the jack o' lantern, but if you are, even better. It took about 3 coats. The spots you see that look like it's missing paint are just reflections from the lights.
- Whatever ribbon you use, glue it around on itself and then on the top, too.
- I painted the little foam pumpkin and hot glued it on. But if this is an actual jar for candy, don't do this step. It won't stay on. If you use it, leave the bottom stick on so you can hold it while painting. N-JOY!!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.