Making Halloween Craft Stick Puzzles
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 15, 2019
These Halloween-inspired puzzles are so easy to make, and so fun to play with. You just need craft sticks and paint. I like to take a photo of the finished product to use as a key for whomever is playing with the puzzles.
Total Time: 45 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 2 puzzles
- 6 large green craft sticks
- 7 large orange craft sticks
- acrylic paints (black, white, red, yellow)
- To make Frankenstein, set the green craft sticks side by side. Tape them together so they don't move apart.
- Flip over and paint his hair on the top, in zig-zag fashion.
- Give him a heavy brow by drawing a black horizontal line on his forehead, the ends curving upward. Let dry.
- Paint 2 white half circles right under the brow to make his eyes. Let dry.
- Now use black paint to draw on pupils and a crooked smile.
- Paint red stitches on his forehead.
- To make the Jack-o-lantern, tape the orange craft sticks side-by-side.
- Flip over and paint on 2 triangles and a smile.
- Add details to the smile. I did a cut-out look by painting rectangles below and above the smile, alternately. Let dry.
- Dot on some yellow paint on the black bits so it looks like it's illuminated by flame.
- Take a photo of the finished puzzles when dry. Flip over and carefully remove the tape pieces from the back.
- Mix the pieces up so they are ready to assemble!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.