Making Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
Read More Comments
These cute jack-o-lantern stuffed peppers are perfect for Halloween dinner!
Total Time: 55-65 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 batch of black bean stuffing (or your favorite), see link below
- 6-8 orange and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add water to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Wash bell peppers, then cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and membranes. Set the tops aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Put peppers (not the tops) into the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from pot and pat dry. Using a small knife (or a pumpkin carving knife) cut a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with filling.
- Top peppers with cheese, then place them into baking dish. Put the tops back onto the peppers.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peppers are tender.
- Just for fun you can switch the tops if using two different colored peppers. :)
These Jack-o'-lantern stuffed bell peppers are the perfect dinner for Halloween. Learn how we prepared them by watching this short video.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.