Making a Beaded Tiara
August 31, 2005
- 1 package silver tinsel stems
- 1 package beads
- grey or white upholstery thread
- beading needle
- Take one tinsel stem, tuck end over, and shape into an arc. Tuck the other end over.
- Take another tinsel stem and fold it in half.
- Twist the folded end, leaving a small hole. Shape into an arc.
- Thread the first stem through the hole of stem #2.
- Take the 2 loose ends of stem #2 and wrap them around stem #1 (see illustration).
- Shape the two strands of stem #2 into the shape of a heart and stand them upright on stem #1.
- Tuck the ends of tinsel stem #3, and shape into an arc like stem #1. Place it under stem #1. Stems 1 and 3 the base of your tiara.
- Thread needle with upholstery thread.
- Make a slipknot around one end of the base and tighten to join the stems.
- String a bead onto the threaded needle, making sure it goes to the far end. Wrap the thread around the base, wrapping them together and keeping the bead on the outside.
- Repeat step number 10 around the base until you reach the upright half-hearts.
- Repeat step 10, going up and around one, then back and around the other, returning to where you left the base.
- Repeat step number 10 around the rest of the base, making a slipknot at the end to finish.
- Voila! One Terrific Tiara for your special princess.
Also see the Beaded Magic Wand.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.