Mummy Enchilada Recipes
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 30, 2012
These creamy "mummy" enchiladas are perfect for dinner on Halloween!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 enchiladas
- 16 white corn tortillas
- 1 (28 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 16 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) block of Monterey Jack cheese
- 32 black olive slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Pour 1/2 of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large casserole pan.
- Stack up the tortillas, wrap in a damp paper towel, and microwave at 10 second intervals until soft.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of cream cheese onto each tortilla.
- Place the cotija cheese in a bowl or on a plate and crumble with a fork. Sprinkle with approx. 1 Tbsp. of cotija cheese.
- Add a layer of baby spinach leaves. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Roll up enchilada and place seam side down in the casserole pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Spread evenly with a spoon.
- Using the slice side of your cheese grater or a knife, cut thin slices of Monterey Jack cheese. Cut the slices into thin strips. These will be the mummy bandages.
- Place two olive slices onto each enchilada for eyes. Then lay strips of cheese across each enchilada, criss-crossing them to look like bandages.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with a side of black beans, topped with cotija cheese crumbles.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.