Plastic Bag Ghost Decoration
October 21, 2008
These spooky ghosts are fast and easy to make and are made from mostly recycled material or things you already have around the house.
- plain white lid (like from a Cool Whip container)
- black construction paper
- 2 white plastic grocery bags
- 2 white pipe cleaners
- glue stick
- black yarn
- hole punch
- Cut out eyes and a mouth for the face of the ghost from the black construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to attach the eyes and mouth to the white lid.
- Prepare the plastic grocery bags. Cut off the handles and any writing. Then cut strips up the bag, leaving at least 1" uncut plastic around the seam.
- Glue or tape one of the pipe cleaners to the seam of the plastic bag. Repeat for other bag.
- Place the pipe cleaner attached to the bag around the inside edge of the plastic lid and tape in place. Repeat on the other side of the lid with the other pipe cleaner and bag.
- Using the hole punch, make a hole at the top of the ghost face. Cut a piece of black yarn to put through the hole for hanging.
- Enjoy your spooky guest all Halloween season!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 277 Posts
October 21, 20080 found this helpful
what a clever idea. very cute, inexpensive and easy to make thank you for sharing this idea
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.