Tissue Paper Covered Jack-o-Lantern Treat Cup
This is an easy to do craft for children or adults who appreciate a reminder of the Halloween season. These cute little cups are so easy to make and can sit around anywhere. You can fill them with candy and other edible foods. Enjoy one during the Halloween season and make one up for a friend.
- 4 individual small 5 oz cups
- 2 fl oz glue and water mixture in small container - 2 parts glue to 1 part water
- 1/2 sheet orange tissue paper cut up
- 1 paint brush
- 1 small tipped marker for decorating
- 4 other small items for personalizing - optional
- Take each cup and make 2 slits to where you want the size to be. Cut out the piece and begin to cut around the cup evenly. It is important you do this because one slit and the cup will crack. Cut around the cup until it looks even.
- Take a paint brush and put the glue mixture all around the inside and outside of the very top of the cup. Completely cover top edge and fold the paper down inside the cup. This will prevent any sharp edges.
- Now start putting your pieces of orange tissue paper around the top edge and down the sides. Paint on the next layer of glue all around the outside of the cup. Start adding the tissue paper. If you see places it needs more glue take care of it as soon as you see it. Repeat until you get to the bottom of the cup. Press the tissue paper down until the whole bottom of the cup is covered.
- Go back around the cup and recheck for any areas that need more glue and apply it. Look for small areas you may have missed and cover them if necessary.
- Allow 2 hours to dry. Make a face or decorate how you would like it to look. Add candy and you are all done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.