Making a Dalmatian Costume
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
October 2, 2015
My son won a prize for this costume. It is very easy to make and costs very little.
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 1 costume
- 1 white pillowcase or garbage bag. (Use caution with the garbage bag with young children!) Watch carefully while they are wearing it and dispose of it or store on a high shelf if saving it.
- black construction paper
- tape, glue, or thread
- plastic headband
- Cut a hole large enough for child's head to go through on the bag or pillowcase. Cut holes on the sides for the arms to go through as well.
- Cut spots and ears out of the black paper.
- Glue, tape, or sew the spots onto the pillowcase or garbage bag.
- Tape the ears to the headband. If the child's hair is long enough, you can attach the ears to a barrette and clip to the hair.
- Our local firehouse gave my son the hat when they had their annual fair.
- We had the face paint in the house, and I used lipstick on his lips.
- Pinterest or the Internet has many ideas for making your own face paint. There is also one on Thriftyfun, click here: Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.
October 28, 2011
My mom got my son this outfit, I think it's a sleeper, but my son wants to play dress-up and is excited for Halloween so I put it in him one night to try it on.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.