Felt Kitty Tail and Paws
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
Two of my kids went at kitties for Halloween this year. To go with their ears, I made these easy tails and paws to complete their costumes.
- black felt (wide enough for tail length)
- white felt
- light pink felt
- black mittens or gloves
- black elastic
- sewing machine
- hot glue gun
- paper (for templates)
- Create a template for the tail on paper, include the accent area as shown below. Cut out the template. Pin it to a double-thickness of black felt. Cut out the felt tail.
- Remove the template and pin the two tails together. Sew the tail on the sewing machine, as close to the edge as possible. Tie off thread.
- Fold the end of the tail over to create a pocket large enough for the elastic to go through. Sew it in place on the sewing machine.
- Cut off the accent part of the tail and cut out one piece from white felt.
- Glue (or sew) the tail accent in place.
- Cut a piece of elastic long enough to go around the person's waist. Slide the elastic through the end of the tail and sew the two ends of the elastic together.
- Create a template for the pads of the kitty paws. Cut out two (2) sets from pink felt.
- Glue the pads to the mittens or gloves, as shown below.
- Now the paws and tails are ready to be matched up with the Felt Kitty Ears, for trick-or-treating!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.