Halloween Rice Balls Recipes
I love making Japanese rice balls (Onigiri). In Japan, it's very popular to go all out decorating rice balls any time of year. Over here, I do it more for Halloween. Enjoy this edible craft!
- cooked short grain rice (or sushi rice)
- a small bowl of salted water
- nori sheets (Japanese dried seaweed)
- toasted black sesame seeds (optional)
- hot sauce or Japanese dried plums for colour (optional)
Directions:Use scissors to cut nori into tiny shapes for facial features. I used toasted black sesame seeds for nostrils and pieces of Japanese pickled plums for the tongue. Wet hands with saltwater and press rice into head shapes. Decorate.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.