Crispy Bat Wings
We call this appetizer Crispy Bat Wings with Blood Dipping Sauce and serve it for Halloween. Don't worry, it's just chicken wings and a lovely chili blackberry dipping sauce made to mimic the gory title. These are actually really easy to make, so kids might enjoy helping you with this in the kitchen.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1.5 to 2 lb chicken wings, patted dry
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Whisk together baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces very well in mixture and place on a greased rack on a baking tray. Place chicken in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Increase oven heat to 400 degrees F and bake another 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, make the dipping sauce by combining the chili sauce, soy sauce, and blackberry jam.
- You can brush the sauce onto the wings to make them look scarier, or leave them on the side as a bowl of blood.
- Serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.