Ice Princess Costume
A pretty, glittery costume for your favorite girl. It's easy to make and economical. I made it in white, but you could make it any color you want.
The illustrations say to glue the glitter on the leotard itself. I wanted to re-use the leotard, so I only glittered the felt and and attached it to the leotard using a long running stitch that could be taken out after Halloween was over.
Source: October 21,1986 Family Circle magazine (If you can get this magazine, there are several other wonderful costumes to make as well.)
- white leotard, tights and slippers
- 1/2 yard 72"-wide white nylon net
- 2 white felt 12"-square pieces
- white glue
- needle and thread
- white and silver glitter
- wooden spoon and white paint (I used a white-handled spatula)
- 1 yard silver ribbon
- paper or "lace" doilies
- plastic headband
- Skirt: At one long edge, turn under 6" and stitch 1/2" from the folded edge to make a casing.
- Thread ribbon through the casing for the tie.
- Leotard: Cut the felt into 2 "icicles" (see illustration and photo). Sew straight edge to underarm seam, starting at wrist. (Note: my icicle was shorter). Repeat. Glue glitter on the felt.
- Cut second felt square into 3 icicle shapes. Sew around the neck as illustrated. Glue glitter on the felt.
- Wand: Glue glitter onto two same-sized doiles. Put a white-handled spoon or spatula between them and glue or tape. See photo for how it should look.
- Headband. Use 3 2" snowflakes or doilies. Glue glitter on them and attach to headband. See illustration and photos.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.