Halloween Plate Craft
October 16, 2007
This plate is both inexpensive and easy to make. My 9 year old daughter made this one. Here is what you need:
- 1 clear glass dessert plate (easily found a dollar store)
- themed paper napkins (also found at a dollar store)
- 1 foam paintbrush
- Mod Podge (found at craft stores)
- Cover your work area with newspaper.
- Be sure you wash and dry the plate thoroughly before starting.
- Use scissors to cut out pictures from the napkins.
- Place the plate face down on the newspaper. With the foam brush, put a thin layer of glue on the plate. Place the napkin pictures on top of the glue. Be sure to pay attention to which side of the picture you are placing into the glue. You want to be sure you are placing the pictures right side down on the back of the plate, since you will be looking through the plate at the pictures once it is finished. Continue putting the pictures on the plate until you are satisfied with the appearance.
- Use the foam brush to cover the entire back of the plate with more Mod Podge, sealing the pictures in place. Seal with 2-3 more coats of Mod Podge, allowing to dry the amount of time suggested on the bottle in between coats.
- Once the plate is dry, you can turn it over and even eat off of it. Handwash only.
By Michele from East Bethel, MN
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.