Making a Skeleton Costume
October 23, 2007
Approx craft time: 1 1/2 hours or less (minus washing time)
- one black shirt (long sleeved)
- black form fitting pants
- white material the height and width of your child
- spray starch
- black marker
- white thread
To make a skeleton costume for pennies, use a plain black shirt or sweatshirt and black pants. You might have one or both, or be able to find them very inexpensively at a thrift store.
- Take the pieces and lay them out on a piece of white fabric. An old sheet works well.
- Pin to secure and trace around the outside to give yourself a template. Unpin and remove clothing.
- Use a pencil to sketch bone shapes.
- When you are happy with your design, go over outline with black permanent marker.
- Cut the entire design out in a rough oval.
- If there are visible pencil marks, wash gently. Starch heavily with spray starch and iron.
- If you want to add glow-in-the-dark paint, you can do it at this point, and dry thoroughly.
- Cut on black lines.
- Pin to clothing, baste (if you like) and sew.
- If you want to get really "fancy", you can even do finer work on black gloves.
By DoggyRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Take an old black sweat suit and paint bones on it with white paint...Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.